Monday, February 21, 2011

THE MAKING OF A SMART BOOK

Sara re-enacting balance with style
Myron and Dewey
Cathy and Stacy on Smartrollers going over notes

I do feel that someone was looking over me when I flew into Minneapolis last week for a brief visit. The trip was for our photo shoot and we arrived with 50ºsunny sky weather. Looking at today's forecast and the week before, we slid in between two storms.

Feldy doll posing with a SMARTROLLER
The photo shoot was amazing. I had the great pleasure of watching true professionals at work. Our photographer and assistant at Gamut One studio, were not only excellent artists, but they took an amazing interest in the work that we were promoting, the FELDENKRAIS METHOD®. Cathy from OPTP was also wonderful. She took a leap of faith and allowed me to manage the photos. She was able to make the entire experience run smoothly and efficiently. The most amazing thing to witness was my beautiful model, AKA Pilates teacher Sara. We shot over 150 photos in eight hours. Not a studio record, but close. What was most fascinating to watch was how Sara took cues from all of us and every adjustment she made, she embodied. How she kept this up for over eight hours, is beyond me.

I cannot wait to see the photos, and I am so grateful for all the help I am receiving in the making of the SMARTROLLER® book. Stay tuned....

2 comments:

Alfons said...

ha so nice! I agree: it's great to watch professionals and to work with people who know what they are doing! 2 thumbs up for your book!

For my book, for every lesson in the book (of which there are eight), I also had studio+fotographer+models and each time we ended up with about 600-800 fotos. Which always was followed by an intense foto-pre-selection session a couple of days later :-)

Alfons said...

ha so nice! I agree: it's great to watch professionals and to work with people who know what they are doing! 2 thumbs up for your book!

For my book, for every lesson in the book (of which there are eight), I also had studio+fotographer+models and each time we ended up with about 600-800 fotos. Which always was followed by an intense foto-pre-selection session a couple of days later :-)