Friday, April 10, 2009

Technology and the Feldenkrais Method®


I have been very intrigued with the ability to learn and develop my budding technology skills. I have purchased the latest Macbook and signed up for the personal training to make the switch from PC to Mac.
Wow, what a great service and it fosters learning in such a non threatening way. (where have I heard that before?). I am so happy to play and make mistakes to process my learning with the help of an encouraging staff and tools that support getting and integrating information.
From there I have explored Face Book, Linkedin, blogging, ideablob, forum groups, website changes, the list goes on. I would not boast for the most sophisticated website, but my website is the tool I had always wanted so it could point people to recommended articles, references, podcasts and more. This keeps with my interests to make my resources to be available and hopefully I can be more Earth friendly at the same time.
What has been the most exciting part for me was having my Feldenkrais training transferred from tapes that were recorded in the early 90's and being able to plug it into my iPod. Now I can hear my Feldenkrais teachers in many environments and my poor worn out logs can have a rest. 
This can be an exiting time, and I would love to hear from others who have had similar experiences...

No comments: