Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Moving Smarter in the New Year: SMARTROLLER®

I just returned from a trip to Japan to teach an introduction to the Feldenkrais Method®.
I had some very sophisticated PT's, Pilates and Gyrotonic students to show them how to use the Smartroller and how to access a new kind of sensory motor learning.
Despite speaking through an interpreter, the learning was visible. I was amazed how the student's bodies had transformed through the movement education and how their curiosity was contagious.
The experience was so powerful for me to break out of my own teaching habits and to be prepared to not know what to expect. The Feldenkrais work has enabled me to be a facilitator to someones own learning process and to be able to support their learning in a new way.
I hope I am invited back, I have so much more to learn from them.

No comments: