Monday, April 19, 2010

Feldenkrais® at the Body Mind Spirit Conference

Train the Brain

This last weekend I had the pleasure to teach a Feldenkrais introductory course to some extraordinary wellness and fitness professionals. The shift I am now seeing is a wonderful enthusiasm to explore this form of somatic education. Most of the students had heard of Feldenkrais, but only a few had experienced it before. I was thankful that my courses were offered early on in the conference so that the participants were able to carry around their new awareness to their other courses. I also was able to watch a few of them telling people at the OPTP booth how the Smartroller® was a different tool since it was made especially for heightening sensory awareness and it had features that supported easy and comfortable learning
I was also able to experience a Watsu session provided by a wonderful practitioner, Kathleen Harper. I have had an inspiration that the Smartroller would also be well suited for water as well as land, so we gave it a try. 

No comments: